WHISKEY and/or WHISKY
Whiskey or Whisky are basically the same spirit, it just depends on how the country it comes from spells it. But even in the United States you will see it spelled both ways. Its a dull conversation just like when Italians argue if its gravy or sauce. Its the same thing no matter what you call it. Its made from grain and aged in a barrel.
Here is a breakdown, click on each for more specifics like brands, reviews and details:
- Bourbon: American whiskey which primarily uses corn
- Canadian Whiskey: Canadian whiskey which primarily uses rye.
- Irish Whiskey: Similar to Scotch but they rarely use smoked peat.
- Rye: American and/or Canadian Whiskey primarily made from the rye seed.
- Scotch Whisky: Made in Scotland primarily from barley and smoked peat.
# # #