- The US Tax on alcohol is about 50%
- Bourbon does not have to be made in Kentucky to be called Bourbon, however it does have to comply with a set of rules in order for it to be bourbon by law.
- There are more barrels of bourbon in Kentucky than there are people.
- Upon retiring, President George Washington owned the largest distillery in the USA
- During Prohibition, pharmacies were allowed to sell whiskey with a prescription. Pharmacies like Walgreens during that time grew from 20 stores to nearly 400.
- The pressure in a champagne bottle is 90 pounds per square inch, that is three times the pressure in automobile tires.
- The world’s oldest known recipe is for beer and appears in Egyptian hieroglyphics.
- There is a cloud of alcohol in outer space to make four trillion-trillion drinks.
- Distilled spirits such as brandy, gin, rum, tequila, etc. contain no carbohydrates, no fats and no cholesterol of any kind.
- More wine is drunk per person in the Vatican City than in any other country in the world, Holy Communion being one of the factors
- 7,864,392,788 different cocktails could be make from the ingredients found in in a well-stocked bar according to journalist H. L. Mencken.
- The average American uses 100 gallons of water each day, the average African uses as little as 10. Keep in mind this is water to shower, wash dishes, laundry, boil pasta, wash the car, flush the toilet, etc.
- ALCOHOL: Estonia, Belarus, Lithuania and several other Eastern European countries consume the most alcoholic beverages.
- BEER: Beer is the most consumed beverage in the world next to water and tea; the Czechs consume the most beer, followed by Seychelles, then Austria, then Germany
- TEQUILA: Mexico, where tequila is made, is consumed by twice as much as the runner up, the USA
- VODKA: Russia, Poland and Ukraine are the world’s largest vodka consumers, not much of a surprise there. The USA is about 5th on the list
- WINE: The United States consumes the most wine per year, followed by France, then Italy, Germany, UK, Argentina.
- WHISKEY: Scotch is not just for Scotland, the United States is the largest consumer, which might not be surprising, but the largest is India. France, UK and believe it or not, Venezuelans are some of the largest consumers in the world.
Please follow and like us: