Summer herbs allow us a whole new realm of cocktails which are lighter and more refreshing and great for experimenting. This is what mixology is all about. While vodka works well with herbs, you can also try this recipe with a gin such as Farmer’s Organic since it has this great lemongrass flavor to it.
Rosemary is a great herb, it grows abundantly and has a texture like pine leaves. Not only is it great on chicken or potatoes, but it works great in cocktails like this. If you don’t have a garden you can easily find rosemary in your produce section. They will sell them in “single serve” packs for $1, and one pack might be good for 2 cocktails.
- 60ml (2 ounces) of Crop Organic Vodka or Crop Meyer Lemon Vodka. If you decide to go with gin, be sure to make it Farmer’s Organic Gin since it has a fantastic lemongrass scent to it.
- 1-3 Sprigs of fresh rosemary (depending on how much rosemary flavor you like)
- 30ml (1 ounce) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3oml (1 ounce) simple syrup
- Add all ingredients into a shaker and shake vigorously for at least a minute.
- Strain into a martini or coupe glass, garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary