Roasted Pancetta Potatoes
I adapted this from Lidia Bastianch’s recipe. This variation omits the whole slices of pancetta on the bottom of the glass baking dish and is replaced with small diced pancetta. I also cook my version at least 20 minutes longer, I like them darker, well done and crispier. Adjust this recipe to your tastes.
Fresh oregano works best, however you can obviously use dried oregano with this dish, and you might want to experiment further with fresh rosemary if you have it.
- 2 Idaho Russet Potatoes
- Sea Salt and/or Kosher Salt
- Diced Pancetta (optional)
- Fresh Oregano, finely chopped
- Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Peel potatoes and split into quarters (4), usually 3 per person should do it, so 3 potatoes should be enough for 4 people.
- Coat with olive oil, sea salt and/or kosher salt (some sea salt is kosher, but plain kosher salt works fine too)
- Finely dice fresh oregano and toss potatoes along with the diced pancetta and put into a glass cooking dish
- Cook in a 400F oven for 20 minutes covered with aluminum foil
- After 20 minutes, increase oven to 450F and cook for an additional 40 minutes uncovered and/or until your desired taste. I like mine to be crispy, a bit darker and crunchy.