This recipe was posted on Michter’s Distillery Facebook page and I felt the need to share. Its has whiskey in the recipe, and it has all the essential elements of a Tiki cocktail, like lime, pineapple and orgeat, so I had to share.
They served it upright, but I thought a coup cocktail glass did just as well. I did not have orgeat syrup, so I did use a few drops (literally a few drops like less than half a teaspoon) of orange flower water because it is so strong. If you can’t find orgeat, try a spirit like amaretto since it is almond based.
I have to admit the rye does get lost because the lime and pineapple juice are so prominent, but its still a delightful cocktail for these coming warmer months and is a great alternative to something super sweet like rum drinks.
- 2 oz (60ml) Michter’s Rye
- 1 oz (30ml) Pineapple juice
- 1/2 oz (15ml) Fresh lime juice
- 7 Fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 oz (15ml) Orgeat syrup
- Chilled soda
- Combine all ingredients except for the club soda in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously until well chilled, strain into an ice filled highball or Collins glass top with the chilled club soda .
- Garnish with a fresh mint and a pineapple wedge.
# # #