FACTS ABOUT BRAZIL:
- Portuguese is their language, not Spanish, like the rest of South America, because it was settled by the Portuguese.
- Reals is the form of currency and as of 2017 you can get $3 Reals back for one US American Dollar.
- Brasilia is the Capital, not Rio De Janeiro as many might think. Although Rio & Sao Paulo are the key cities economically, culturally and for tourism.
- Cachaça is the national drink, its a harsher version of rum.
- Soccer or “Futbol” is their national sport, and that is an understatement, its seemingly more important than religion or even life itself at times.
- September 7 is Independence Day from Portugal
- Politics are very complicated. They were once a military dictatorship and are now striving get out of a corrupt environment. They are also a socialist country in certain aspects
# # #